Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Here We Go"

So, I know I am technically somewhat late to the blogging game, but I have decided it is time for me to dive in and begin a blog of my own.  Actually, I was inspired to to so by a student of mine who sent me a link to her blog. She told me that she was hoping to keep in the habit of writing over the summer, and that hopefully blogging would be a good outlet.  I completely agree and am excited that she is writing.  At a conference I attended this spring, Amy Benjamin said something along the lines of "Sometimes we think of something and we have to write it, but often, we have to write so we can think." Personally, I agree with this idea. When we write, we think. It may not always lead us to something incredible or revolutionary, but the simple act of writing forces us to think, and that is always a good thing.

No one else may read this, but if you are that poor, bored soul who has stumbled upon this blog, thank you for reading this far. I have no idea how often I will write here, or how extensive the posts will be, but I will be writing, and, therefore, thinking, which, in turn, may lead to more writing. Feel free to point out errors in the writing posted here, especially if your name is Lacy Pitts because she has earned the chance to illuminate the flaws in my writing. I am sure my resident member of the Grammar Police, Emily Kohls, will jump on that opportunity as well.

So, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment