Sunday, August 18, 2013

"I think I will try something..."

Football season starts, officially, tomorrow morning. I am extremely excited. School starts, officially, for teachers on Wednesday with academic team meetings. For this, I am also extremely excited. I love my job, and I work hard to do my job well. I love teaching, in the classroom and on the field.

I have been bouncing around an idea as the beginning of the fall season has crept nearer. I have committed myself to write on this blog on a fairly regular basis. I will continue to do so.  I promise. It is not that I think not writing will matter to anyone else; I made myself the promise, and I need to keep it. So I will write here at least once a week. I will.

However, I want to try something else as well. I might be cheating a little bit, but I think I will still try it. During Prairie Winds Writing Retreat in 2012, I started writing a piece that is still unfinished. I do not have any idea when I will finish it, or even if I want to. Since I first penned the open lines, I have gone back, revisited the old the friend, to revise, to add, to augment, to reread, and to cut.  I titled the piece "The Torrid Tales of Biff Wellington".

What I would like to do is begin putting this piece here, in Ramblings in serial form. Maybe 500 words or so each Sunday. I am not sure if anyone will like it, or if it will make any sense whatsoever. I am hoping that by running "Biff..." here, it will push me to keep going with it, to find a direction to take it. Right now, honestly, I am stuck.

So, here you go, the first installment of "The Torrid Tales of Biff Wellington" by Jason Kohls. I hope you like it. If not, well, you will destroy my self-image and leave me an empty shell of a man. Whatever works.

Click here for the first installment of "The Torrid Tales of Biff Wellington, Private investigator".

No comments:

Post a Comment