Monday, March 10, 2014

Well, now I did it.

Well, now I did it.  This weekend, I posted an entry about the competition that exists between siblings, most specifically between my sister, my brother, and me. It sprang from my brother Darrel's  (but not my other brother Daryl's) sharing his workout on Facebook. This prompted a rapid series of one upmanship that raced through our extended family, brother to sister to cousin to aunt. Today, Darrel had to carry it on with another workout status which included a specific mention of his older brother. That is just how this works.

And that is a good thing. I was not going to work out tonight. I had a meeting after school, we had to attend conferences with Dylan's teachers, and my sinuses had been killing me. Besides, it is a lifting day (Do you even lift, Bro?). However, I just could not let Darrel's volley across my bow go unanswered in some way.  So, I hit the bricks. Slowly, but hit nonetheless. I took a light walk on this glorious evening, just at dusk, as the sun sank to the horizon as it can only in Kansas. I did not match Darrel's distance, nor his pace. I did not match Kim's distance from her last workout either (which I am sure she increased based on my challenge; you're welcome.). I did, however, get out there. It cleared my sinuses to some degree, and my mind to an even greater extent. In short, it was good for me.

Thanks Darrel.




No comments:

Post a Comment